The Legacy Begins in 1997
Beach Blast was the brainchild of a few guys that really loved volleyball. Their achieved goal is Toronto’s biggest indoor beach featuring everything you need to feel like summer never ends…like you’re at the biggest beach party in town! Sadly, the lease at our indoor beach volleyball facility was terminated in January 2020. Covid 19 shut all recreational venues down in March 2020, I guess our timing was very lucky! We miss Beach Blast & the community we all built together.
In April 2021 we rented 2 indoor multi sport volleyball courts at The Hangar Sport and Event Centre at Downsview Park. We are eagerly awaiting government restrictions to ease so we can begin operations at this amazing facility. .
We built 8 outdoor beach volleyball courts at Caledonia Park in 2003. Although we weren’t able to operate in 2020 due to Covid-19 we hope that 2021 will bring us back to the Beach
The Shermer Family Dream
George Shermer, an original Beach Blast partner, has seen hundreds of thousands people enjoy his vision of an indoor beach. After partnering with Josh Gluskin in 2001, the two have expanded this dream and have helped develop other projects, including The Docks indoor and outdoor volleyball leagues, and Victory Indoor Volleyball – a facility devoted to indoor court volleyball.
Our Downtown Addition
Ashbridges Bay (The Beaches)
In 2010, Beach Blast partnered with the Ontario Volleyball Association and became the managers of the Beach Volleyball Leagues at Ashbridges Bay in downtown Toronto. One of the world’s biggest beach volleyball venues, this league uses 96 courts at the beach in Toronto selling out each summer season. You gotta see it to believe it!
Our greatest asset is the memories we share with you. In the last 23 years, we’ve seen…
- Your child’s first footstep in the sand.
- Students and teachers playing together.
- Employees & their bosses diving in the sand for a ball during company tournaments.
- International rap sensation Drake host a benefit tournament for a local charity, with special guests including Beach Volleyball Olympian Josh Binstock.
- Kids & Adults being taught the fundamentals by Beach Volleyball Olympians Mark Heese & John Child at the Taste of The Danforth.
- Teams buying other teams drinks at the bar after playing against each other in the leagues.
- Families having their reunions in the sand.
- Corporations baking bread to launch a new product.
- Olympic athletes training for the 2004 & 2008 Games in Athens, and the 2012 & 2016 games in London & Rio.
- Smiles. Tons of them. From everyone!
Thanks to everyone for making this dream a blast.
Come out and play 🙂